Connect with us

Entertainment

Daily COVID Cases In Victoria Just Hit A 13-Week Low So Cautiously Start Prepping The Champers

Published

on

Victoria, we’ve finally got some good news for you, today you’ve recorded the lowest amount of new coronavirus cases in 13 weeks which is simply excellent work.

Unfortunately, there have been eight new deaths alongside this news, but it looks like new infections are on a steady decline, with just 28 new cases being found in the last 24 hours. This stat is the lowest total since way back on June 24, when the state recorded 20 new cases.

For the city to take steps towards re-opening, Melbourne’s average must remain below 50 until September 28. Currently, the 14-day rolling average is at 44.4 cases, with regional Victoria sitting at 2.9.

Come on Melburnians, victory is so close.

Cheering from afar.

Meanwhile, regional Victorians are stepping back out into the sunshine as restrictions ease and locals move to step three of their coronavirus reopening roadmap.

The changes, which came in at 11.59pm last night, allow regional Victorians to do many things they’ve been banned from doing such as travel around the state, meeting in groups of 10 outdoors and putting kids back in community sport.

Premier Daniel Andrews praised Victorians earlier this week for their hard work.

“I am absolutely delighted to be able to announce that regional Victoria… will be able to take the third step in our safe and steady road map to COVID-normal,” Mr Andrews said on Tuesday.

“It‘s a massive thing. It is such good news. I am so, so pleased and proud of every single regional Victorian who has stayed the course, followed the rules, got tested.”

Image:
Getty Images / Daniel Pockett

Continue Reading

Entertainment

90 Day Fiance’s Elizabeth Defends Andrei Being a Stay-at-Home Dad After Tell-All: ‘Nothing Wrong With It’

Published

on

By

Elizabeth Potthast defended husband Andrei Castravet being a stay-at-home dad after part 1 of the 90 Day Fiancé: Happily Ever After? tell-all. The TV personality showed support for her man following the special which aired on Sunday, September 27.

Elizabeth, 30, took to Instagram with a photo alongside her “partner in crime” on Monday, September 28, and one fan gave him kudos in the comments. 

Courtesy Elizabeth Potthast/Instagram

“I love you [two]. Stop listening to your brother [Charlie] and sister [Jenn] and there is nothing wrong with a stay-at-home dad,” the social media user wrote. “Nothing at all wrong with it! He is an amazing daddy,” Elizabeth replied. 

Jenn and Charlie both voiced their thoughts on Andrei not making extra income in previous episodes, revealing they wanted him to contribute to his household more than he does. They also said it was upsetting that their father, Chuck Potthast, paid for the couple’s lavish wedding in Moldova since he didn’t pay for either of their nuptials.

During the season 5 tell-all, Andrei, 34, confirmed he was still caring for their daughter, Eleanor, while Elizabeth brings in money working for her father, Chuck. 

“I don’t care what other people say, honestly. I just do what I have to do,” the reality star explained. Even though Elizabeth said he’s not always busy, Andrei replied, “I’m still [the] man of the house,” adding, “It doesn’t change anything.” 

90 day fiance andrei insists elizabeth's dad pay for second wedding
Courtesy of Elizabeth Potthast/Instagram

The father of one also shared his interest to get into the real estate business at some point, and Elizabeth agreed he would be “great” at it. 

Elizabeth and Andrei weren’t afraid to speak their minds on the tell-all, and they even sounded off on costar Larissa Dos Santos Lima. Elizabeth shaded the Brazil native for being a “stripper” after her appearance on the webcam site CamSoda. 

“Many have families to feed and bills to pay and it is an important way for them to remain independent and survive in life,” Larissa, 34, told In Touch exclusively in response to her fellow TLC alum. “I respect anybody who goes to work to make a better future for themselves and their family.”

Part 2 of the season 5 tell-all will air next Sunday, October 4, on TLC.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Dave Chappelle’s Ohio shows axed after ‘possible’ COVID exposure ‘within our inner circle’

Published

on

By

In something of an irony, Dave Chappelle’s “Socially Distanced” performance series has been killed by COVID.

Page Six has learned that the comedy legend’s “Intimate Socially Distanced Affair” series in Yellow Springs, Ohio — which has seen performances by Chris Rock, David Letterman, Jon Stewart, Tiffany Haddish, Michael Che, Sarah Silverman, Louis CK, and Michelle Wolf, among others — was shut down hours before Friday’s installment because one of the recurring performers on the bill is believed to have contracted the virus.

Now the remaining four shows have been canceled too.

We’ve been told the individual’s name but won’t be publishing it. It’s not one of the comics listed above.

“Due to possible exposure to COVID-19 within our inner circle, and out of an abundance of caution, we have elected to cancel the remaining … shows,” a rep told us. “For the past three months of the pandemic, Dave Chappelle has successfully created a safe haven for comedians, musicians and poets to express their art without incident,” they added, “Social distancing, face masks, hand sanitizer, temperature checks and access to daily COVID tests have all been a part of our protocol. We take COVID-19 very seriously and there have been no reported cases among patrons or crew.”

The final show was due to take place on October 4.

Tickets for the remaining four shows have been pulled from TicketMaster, and the company is offering refunds to ticketholders according to the site.

There were rumors that the series is being filmed by Netflix, and it’s already produced Chappelle’s surprise mini-special, “8:46.”

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Shudder Announces Return of Eli Roth’s History of Horror: Uncut

Published

on

By

Shudder announces return of Eli Roth’s History of Horror: Uncut

With a second season of the TV series on the way, Shudder has announced the return date for the second season of its companion podcast Eli Roth’s History of Horror: Uncut, whose first two episodes are available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and other podcast platforms now!

RELATED: Eli Roth’s History of Horror Season 2 Teaser Previews October Return

An extended audio companion to the television series AMC Visionaries: Eli Roth’s History of Horror, whose new season premieres on AMC on October 10, the Uncut podcast offers listeners hours of never-before-heard, candid conversations with horror luminaries featured in the show.  The first two episodes showcase in-depth discussions with Megan Fox, whose 2009 film Jennifer’s Body was met with hostility upon release but has since been lauded as modern classic, and Bill Hader, who offers new perspective on his role as the adult Richie Tozier in It Chapter Two.

“The reaction to season one was beyond my wildest expectations,” Roth said in a statement. “We became a top five podcast as soon as we debuted, and it shows the overwhelming excitement from the fans to hear these incredible stories directly from the artists. On the TV show, we have to condense everyone into one hour but on the podcast, we can really take our time, hear the full conversation and learn so much more. The stories they tell are fascinating and insightful and really make you see their work through a different lens. I’m so thankful to AMC and Shudder for letting us go much bigger with Season 2. These stories are for all time, and will be enjoyed by generations of fans for years to come.”

Future episodes will feature actors Nancy Allen (Dressed to Kill) and Ken Foree (Dawn of the Dead), filmmakers Ari Aster (Hereditary), Roger Corman (The Masque of the Red Death), Mary Harron (American Psycho), Don Mancini (creator of the Child’s Play franchise), Barbara Muschietti (producer of the It films), Greg Nicotero (showrunner of Creepshow), André Øvredal (Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark), Eli Roth (Hostel), actor/director/FX master Tom Savini (Friday the 13th), Joel Schumacher (The Lost Boys) and Rob Zombie (3 from Hell).

RELATED: Quibi Unveils Trailer for New Episodes of 50 States of Fright

Eli Roth’s History of Horror Uncut is hosted by Eli Roth featuring interviews conducted by Kurt Sayenga. The podcast is executive produced by Roth, Sayenga, Steven Michaels, Jodi Flynn, Joseph Freed and Allison Berkley. Eli Roth’s History of Horror is produced by The Content Group and Marwar Junction Productions. The first two episodes are available now on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and other platforms, with new episodes set to be released every Monday, and the full Uncut season will be available on Shudder later this year.

Continue Reading

Hot Stories