Connect with us

Entertainment

Rick Fox says Kanye West has been kicked off Twitter

Published

on

We swear this isn’t a Rick roll.

Former NBA player and professionally handsome dude Rick Fox took to Twitter Wednesday evening to report that Kanye West had been kicked off the platform.

More specifically, Fox, 51, said that “My friend @kanyewest wants you all to know that he was kicked off of @Twitter for 12 hours.”

West, 43, has been on a tear on social media this week, posting video of himself urinating on one of his Grammys and tweeting incessantly about his battle with his record labels, Universal and Sony. It may be the latter more than the former that got him into hot water on Twitter, as earlier Wednesday, West tweeted screenshots containing over 100 pages of his contracts with Universal. The same day, Twitter also forced West to remove a tweet revealing the phone number of Forbes’ Chief Content Officer Randall Lane.

West sued both Universal and Sony’s parent company EMI in 2019, seeking to be let out of his contract. The suit was settled in October.

Entertainment

Brahmos, Akash and Nirbhay: India rolls out its missiles to be prepared for counter attack on China

Published

on

By

India and China are in the situation of face off since April, when for the first time in decades Chinese Army PLA (People’s Liberation Army) engaged its troops on the border in Ladakh. After many round of talks the condition on border is still critical with no disengagement of the troops from the both sides.

Missiles are deployed to be prepared of any mishap from Chinese side

So to be ready to tackle any situation India has rolled out its missiles including 500 km-range Brahmo cruise missile, 800 km-range Nirbhay cruise missiles along with Akash surface-to-air missile (SAM) which has capability to target the threats in the air from 40 Km away. These are deployed to be prepared for any mishap from Chinese side.

India

For the first time in decades both the armies are on stand-off

Last mishap in Galwan Valley in June led to the death of 20 Indian soldiers. This is for the first time since decades that the armies of the both countries are on stand off against each other. Even with many round of talks of commander level between the both countries no positive result has been produced.

PLA has deployed weapons up to 2,000 km range and long range SAMs In Xinjiang and Tibet along with many troops. To be prepared to for the worst- case scenario India has deployed Brahmos, subsonic Nirbhay and also Akash to tackle with any situation.

China has not only deployed their weapons and troops in Ladakh but also in the neighboring places along the 3,488 Km Line of Actual Control (LAC).  The missiles are placed on various position by Indian Army according to their usage and Line of Sight. As winter is approaching, both the armies are getting prepared for the coming very cold winter and it would become difficult for both the sides to be engaged in any mishap which can lead to the situation of war.

 

Also read: Stocks to Watch| Auto sector stocks, Aviation stocks, Happiest Minds Technology & much more

Continue Reading

Entertainment

WWE and 2K taken to court over Randy Orton tattoo dispute

Published

on

By

Six of Orton’s designs are the focus of the case (Photo: WWE)

WWE and 2K are heading to trial over the depiction of Randy Orton’s sleeve tattoos.

The wrestling giant and video game publisher – and the latter’s parent company Take-Two Interactive Software – are being taken to court by artist Catherine Alexander over the designs.

Alexander has challenged the organisations over their use of her tattoos – six on his arms – which are all present on the in-game model of Orton.

The case will be the first of its kind – involving tattoo art reproduction in a game – to go to trial.

As detailed by the Hollywood Reporter, a federal judge in Illinois has given a partial summary judgement, ruling that the WWE 2K franchise copied the artist’s work.

Now, it will be up to a jury to decide whether or not the issue constitutes copyright infringement.

In the ruling, US District Court Staci Yandle writes: ‘It is unclear whether Alexander and Orton discussed permissible forms of copying and distributing the tattoo works or whether any implied license included sublicensing rights such that Orton could give permission for others to copy Alexander’s tattoo works.

‘Thus, the evidence raises a triable issue of fact as to the existence and scope of an implied license and Defendants’ motion is denied as to this affirmative defense.’

In a declaration, Orton stated he understood the tattoos were his personal expression, and he claimed he wasn’t told he needed more permission to make the designs visible.

A trial will also address the defendants’ stance that the game’s use of the inkings falls under copyright fair use.

Yandle suggests: ‘Alexander contends she created the tattoos for the purpose of displaying them on Orton’s body and that Defendants used the tattoos for the same purpose; to display them on Orton’s body in the video games.

‘Alexander also disputes Defendants’ characterization of the size of the tattoos and maintains they are prominently displayed and clearly visible in the video games.

‘These are material factual disputes.’

Got a story?

If you’ve got a celebrity story, video or pictures get in touch with the Metro.co.uk entertainment team by emailing us [email protected], calling 020 3615 2145 or by visiting our Submit Stuff page – we’d love to hear from you.

MORE: WWE’s Alexa Bliss spills on embarrassing dating moments and her secret ‘crush book’

MORE: The Rock confirms first ever non-WWE appearance for IMPACT Wrestling’s Bound For Glory

TV

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Will Ready Player Two Become a Movie? Tye Sheridan Has His Fingers Crossed

Published

on

By

Though it works perfectly well as a standalone story, Steven Spielberg’s Ready Player One could well follow the source novel and spawn a sequel sometime in the near future. Well, one person who is very much on board with returning to the digital world of the OASIS is Ready Player One lead, Tye Sheridan, who has his fingers crossed that the upcoming Ready Player Two will eventually be adapted for the big screen.

“Recently, like I’ve had people asking me questions about, you know, a Ready Player Two. You know, ‘Is there going to be sequel?’ And I think everybody’s well aware that Ernie Cline is releasing a Ready Player Two, the novel. You know, but people keep asking me and I would love to have an answer for you and I think people, you know, will and can speculate all they want, but I don’t really know what the plan is yet. I have my fingers crossed and, of course, I think it’s a great and I loved working on that film, so yeah, I hope, I hope we get to do another.”

RELATED: Ready Player Two Book Is Coming This Year, Check Out the Cover

So, while Sheridan lacks anything concrete to say about any impending sequel, he is clearly very eager to return to the world of Ready Player One, and reasons (as many have) that with the novel Ready Player Two due for release soon, talk will soon turn to bringing the follow-up to theaters.

Released back in 2018, the first Ready Player One dropped audiences in the year 2045. With the planet on the brink of chaos and collapse, people find salvation in the OASIS, an expansive virtual reality universe created by the reclusive genius James Halliday. When Halliday dies, he promises his immense fortune to the first person to discover a digital Easter egg that’s hidden somewhere in the OASIS. When young Wade Watts joins the contest, he finds himself becoming an unlikely hero in a reality-bending treasure hunt through a fantastical world of mystery, discovery and danger.

Starring Tye Sheridan as Wade Watts, Ready Player One is directed by master filmmaker and lord of many a childhood, Steven Spielberg, working from a screenplay by Zak Penn and Ernest Cline based on Cline’s 2011 novel of the same name. The movie stars Olivia Cooke, Ben Mendelsohn, Lena Waithe, T.J. Miller, Simon Pegg, and Mark Rylance alongside Sheridan.

Cline’s novel, Ready Player Two, is due to be released later this year on November 24. The author has had plans to craft a sequel since 2015 and has attributed further developments to the critical and financial success of the movie adaptation of the first novel, with Steven Spielberg even contributing to the writing process of Ready Player Two. Despite this, Cline has also declared his desire for Ready Player Two to be a continuation of the book rather than the movie.

Though not much is known about the plot, Cline has stated in the past that the follow-up novel will go in a different direction to its predecessor but involve all of the same characters, while continuing to explore pop culture references like the first book. No doubt that once Ready Player Two hits shelves in November it won’t be long before the big screen adaptation is given the greenlight. This comes to us from Comicbook.com.

Continue Reading

Hot Stories