Singer Taylor Hanson is expecting his seventh child with his wife of 18 years, Natalie.
The 37-year-old singer — who rose to fame in the ’90s with his brothers in their boy band Hanson — shared the happy news to his thousands of followers on Instagram.
“The best kind of unexpected. Number seven coming this December,” he captioned a sweet snap of the pair.
Natalie also shared her excitement on her Instagram account.
“Biggest little surprise in a long time. Baby number seven coming this December,” she gushed.
Taylor and his brothers Isaac Hanson, 39, and Zac Hanson, 34, come from a large family — they are the eldest of seven siblings.
It was Taylor who married first in their brood. He and Natalie tied the knot in an intimate ceremony in Georgia back in 2002.
They have since welcomed six kids: Jordan, 17, Penelope, 15, River, 14, Viggo, 11, Wilhelmina seven, and Claude, 21 months.
When the band toured Australia in March 2019, they discussed their large families — Isaac has three kids of his own (Nina, six, James, 12, and Clarke, 13), while Zac has four children (John, 12, Junia, nine, George, seven, and Mary, four).
“It takes a lot of work watching our wives raise our children,” Taylor joked on Today Extra. “We cannot take credit for the raising of those kids.”
During an appearance on UK program Lorraine last year, Zac also said they enjoyed watching all their kids grow up together.
“It’s a cool thing,” he said. “We spend a lot of time together touring, in the studio and around each other, so our kids know each other really, really well. They’re really, really close.”
Huge celebrity families: Stars with lots of kids
“Clare Bronfman Was a Pivotal Part in Trying to Destroy My Life”: Seagram Heir Sentenced to 81 Months in Prison
Clare Bronfman, the Seagram heir and NXIVM financier, was sentenced to 81 months in prison on Wednesday. She pleaded guilty last year to charges related to immigration fraud and identity theft, following her arrest in 2018 in connection with Keith Raniere’s notorious sex abuse and racketeering ring.
During the sentencing hearing at a federal courtroom in Brooklyn, Bronfman sat silently while nine women spoke of the horrors she and Raniere inflicted, the New York Daily News reported. The New York Times noted this week that the hearing was the first chance for many NXIVM victims and former members to speak to U.S. District Court judge Nicholas Garaufis, and that it was the first major hearing in the courthouse since the coronavirus pandemic began.
“In my opinion you’re a predator,” said Susan Dones, a former NXIVM member, while in tears. “You should feel shame, self-loathing…You should understand there are lives you destroyed.”
“As long as you support K.R. [Keith Raniere], there is no forgiveness for you,” another former member, Sally Brink, said. “You’re not going to heal with K.R. in your life. You have to take back your power. You have no sense of self without him.”
Bronfman had been involved with NXIVM, a professed self-help group, since 2003. She left her career as an equestrian to move to the organization’s upstate New York headquarters. Prosecutors had asked Garaufis to sentence Bronfman to five years in prison, according to NBC News, claiming that her tens of millions of dollars in financial backing were crucial to NXIVM’s existence. The group became more commonly referred to as a cult and pyramid scheme last year when Raniere was convicted of charges including sex trafficking, racketeering, and possession of child pornography, and it emerged that some women in the organization were branded with his initials.
“There can be little doubt that Raniere would not have been able to commit the crimes with which he was convicted were it not for powerful allies like Bronfman,” prosecutors said in court papers, according to NBC.
Bronfman’s sister, Sara, was also involved in NXIVM but has not faced criminal charges and is still allowed to profit from the Albany property she owns that was used by the organization. In 2010, Vanity Fair reported that as much as $150 million was taken out of the Bronfman sisters’ trusts and bank accounts to support Raniere and NXIVM.
The Times noted that many NXIVM victims were upset with Bronfman’s guilty plea because the charges downplayed her organizational role. Prosecutors said that she used fraudulently obtained visas for young Mexican women to work for NXIVM and helped Raniere maneuver financially by using his dead girlfriend’s credit card and bank account.
Bronfman’s lawyers had argued for only probation, claiming that she did not directly participate in NXIVM’s most disturbing crimes and that her health conditions meant that coronavirus would pose a heightened risk to her in prison. Bronfman wrote in a letter to the judge last month that she “never meant to hurt anyone, however I have and for this I am deeply sorry.”
But she also continued to pledge loyalty. “Many people, including most of my own family, believe I should disavow Keith and NXIVM, and that I have not is hard for them to understand and accept,” Bronfman wrote, according to the Times. “However, for me, NXIVM and Keith greatly changed my life for the better.”
Bronfman already forfeited $6 million in her plea agreement, and prosecutors have said the heir’s fortune is worth $200 million. She is the first defendant sentenced in connection to NXIVM. Raniere is currently awaiting sentencing, as is the Smallville actor Allison Mack, who pleaded guilty to racketeering and racketeering conspiracy after recruiting women for NXIVM.
Oscar Isaac, Jake Gyllenhaal Are Gonna Make You an Offer You Can’t Refuse
One might think that nearly 50 years after its release, we’ve said everything that can be said about The Godfather. Francis Ford Coppola’s gangster epic is about as famous as a movie can be, its legend forever cemented in film history. And yet—Hollywood has found a novel way to tap into the the film’s infamous production. Enter Oscar Isaac and Jake Gyllenhaal.
Both actors are set to star in the upcoming film Francis and the Godfather, a Barry Levinson-helmed drama about The Godfather’s madcap journey to theaters. Isaac has been cast as Coppola, who was then a 31-year-old filmmaker with a screenwriting Oscar under his belt for penning the war biopic Patton. The future auteur, who would go on to direct films like The Conversation and Apocalypse Now, as well as sequels to The Godfather, wasn’t the first choice to adapt the bestselling Mario Puzo novel; he only landed the project after directors like Sergio Leone and Peter Bogdanovich declined.
Gyllenhaal is set to play Robert Evans, Paramount’s head of production, who had to green-light and oversee the movie. Evans clashed with Coppola repeatedly over the course of production, especially when it came to casting. Paramount was, now infamously, against several of Coppola’s casting choices, including Al Pacino as Michael Corleone and Marlon Brando as Don Vito Corleone. Both actors, of course, would go on to give iconic performances in the film. (Let dream-casting for young Pacino and Brando begin!)
“Out of the madness of production, and against all odds, a classic film happened,” Levinson said in a statement to Deadline.
Coppola issued an approving statement of his own: “Any movie that Barry Levinson makes about anything, will be interesting and worthwhile!”
This Godfather project is separate from the upcoming 10-episode Paramount+ series The Offer, which is also about the making of the movie. The series will be executive produced by Michael Tolkin (Escape at Dannemora), but does not yet have any cast members attached.
Adding to this ’70s nostalgia train is Ben Affleck’s The Big Goodbye, an upcoming movie about the making of Chinatown, another Paramount project that Evans shepherded through production. The movie will go behind the scenes of the classic noir, which starred Jack Nicholson and Faye Dunaway and was directed by now disgraced filmmaker Roman Polanski. The film has not yet been cast, but it seems likely that someone will have to play Evans—so prepare yourself for the inevitable comparing and contrasting between that performance and Gyllenhaal’s. The kid (and all his doppelgangers) stay in the picture.
More Great Stories From Vanity Fair
— Elle Fanning Is Our October Cover Star: Long May She Reign
— Kate Winslet, Unfiltered: “Because Life Is F–king Short”
— Emmys 2020: Schitt’s Creek Makes Emmy History With Complete Sweep
— Charlie Kaufman’s Confounding I’m Thinking of Ending Things, Explained
— Ta-Nehisi Coates Guest-Edits “The Great Fire,” a Special Issue
— Revisiting One of Princess Diana’s Most Iconic Dresses
— The Nest Is One of the Best Films of the Year
— From the Archive: Too Hepburn for Hollywood
— Not a subscriber? Join Vanity Fair to receive full access to VF.com and the complete online archive now.
Ghost Of Tsushima & RDR2 Discounted In PS4 Games Of A Generation Sale
PlayStation is hosting a “Games of a Generation” sale, featuring massive discounts on hit titles such as Ghost of Tsushima and Red Dead Redemption 2.
The PlayStation Store is celebrating the PlayStation 4’s library with the “Games of a Generation” sale, including Ghost of Tsushima, Red Dead Redemption 2 and other hits from across the console’s lifetime. The sale features impressive discounts on popular PS4 titles and may be the last sale of significance until after the PS5 is released next month. Combined with the Games Under $15 sale and the ongoing Big in Japan sale, it seems like the time is now right for Sony enthusiasts to round out their PS4 libraries.
It’s not surprising that Sony is upping its game when it comes to its online marketplace; the Xbox Games Pass has been in the news quite a bit recently due to Microsoft’s acquisition of ZeniMax Media, a promotion that allows users to access the first month of Games Pass for $1, and the announcement that Doom: Eternal will be landing on the service on October 1. Additionally, Microsoft has announced that the Xbox Series X and S will both be almost fully backwards compatible, lending a great deal of content to the next-gen consoles on day one. Although the PS5 will be backwards compatible with many titles from the PS4’s library, it does not appear that games from earlier consoles will be available – at least not yet.
Click the button below to start this article in quick view.
The sale is live on the PlayStation Store until October 15 and features discounts on a veritable goldmine of PS4 hits. Games like the massively popular Ghost of Tsushima are 25 percent off, with slightly older titles like Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order being half off. The sale doesn’t solely focus on recent titles either; Call of Duty Black Ops III – Zombies Chronicles Edition is a staggering 67 percent off, and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt can be acquired for only $12. The special edition of Red Dead Redemption 2 is another standout, which is marked down from the original $80 to $28. Other notable titles are Middle-Earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition for $12 and Metal Gear Solid V: The Definitive Experience for $8.
This sale is not just an opportunity for PS4 owners, but for prospective PS5 owners as well. It’s been confirmed that 99 percent of PS4 games will be playable on PS5, meaning most titles available in the sale will make the leap to next-gen. Although Spider-Man is not included in the ongoing sale, it’s been confirmed that Spider-Man: Miles Morales will include a remastered copy of PS4’s Spider-Man, adding one more PS4 classic to the PS5’s library.
This sale is a great opportunity for Sony to showcase which games it considers to be most the most significant of the current generation. Although it doesn’t contain every game one might think of when considering the PS4’s legacy, it is certainly a fantastic representation and reminder of the reasons gamers bought the console in the first place. If the games included in this sale are backwards compatible on the PS5 on launch day, then Sony has made a great case for going with the next console on day one without losing access to some of the best games on PS4.
Next: PS5 Expectations Hyped Up By Sony On PlayStation 1’s 25th Birthday
Source: PlayStation Store
Marvel Made The Right Choice With Ms. Marvel’s Actor
About The Author
Entertainment4 days ago
The Trial of the Chicago 7 Is as Entertaining—and Galvanizing—as Anything You’ll See This Year
Entertainment21 hours ago
Mac Davis, Country Singer and Elvis Presley Songwriter, Dead at 78
Entertainment4 days ago
WWE Clash of Champions 2020 Live Stream: How to Watch the Matches Online
Entertainment3 days ago
Lovecraft Country Episode 7 live stream (“I Am”): Watch Online
Entertainment3 days ago
Jamal Bryant’s kids: Here’s how many children Gizelle Bryant’s ex-husband has and how old they are
Entertainment4 days ago
Cop who tased maskless football mom is receiving death threats, racist insults
Entertainment2 days ago
Dancing With the Stars Recap 09/28/20: Season 29 Episode 3 “Disney Night”
Entertainment2 days ago
Eric Trump’s Beloved Westchester “Compound” Turns Out to Just Be His Dad’s Tax Write-Off