Connect with us

Entertainment

What happened to Clause 6 report on Assam Accord, asks students’ body

Published

on

Guwahati: All Assam Learners Union (AASU) has claimed that union minister of point out in ministry of household affairs, G Kishan Reddy’s assertion that clause 6 of Assam Accord advice are beneath point out government’s assessment exposes the lackadaisical angle of the Centre toward the recommendation.

In a prepared reply to a issue of Sambhaji Chatrapati in Rajya Sabha, Reddy claimed, “The higher stage committee constituted by the ministry of Household Affairs on clause 6 of Assam Accord has submitted its report to the Govt of Assam and its suggestion are below evaluation of the point out govt.”

Niloy Dutta, who is the member of the committee, tweeted,” The clause 6 committee report stays with the Govt of Assam for consideration. Was it ever despatched to the Home Ministry GOI.? The respond to in Rajya Sabha is silent on this part. @sarbanandsonwalI am shocked and hurt. At the very least these days, converse to Assam from your heart”.

Main minister Sarbananda Sonowal while chatting to media people claimed, “The report of the panel is being examined by the government”.

AASU basic secretary Lurinjyoti Gogoi claimed that the authorities in the Centre and state governing administration have said earlier that they will acknowledge the panel with out even altering comma and complete quit. “Now see what is going on even even though the report has not arrived at the Household ministry. This exposes the lackadaisical mind-set of the govt.”

Asom Jatiyatabadi Yuba-Chatra Parishad (AJYCP) chief Palash Changmai said that this was regrettable. “When anti Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) protest was at its peak government announced constitution of clause 6 panel and see even with elapse of many months absolutely nothing has happened on the report.”

Convenor of Prabajan Virodhi Manch (PVM) Upamanyu Hazarika claimed that in the to start with area, the committee is constituted by the central Federal government with precise conditions of reference and the report is submitted to the point out Govt which is in breach of the terms of reference. The report is submitted way back in February of this yr and it is yet to attain the central Government. This obviously demonstrates that there was in no way any intention or desire to fulfil not only the electoral claims and Clause 6 of the Assam Accord for defense of indigenous men and women, it was simply a ploy to divert and distract consideration.

He extra, “It did not require the central Governing administration to constitute a committee of this character prior to bringing in CAA, a laws was introduced in immediately to safeguard foreigners. Whereas for indigenous people who are on their way to becoming a minority under Bangladeshi influx, it is only empty and broken claims. Assam minister Himanta Biswa Sarma has obviously absent on report that the Clause 6 committee report would be applied in toto with no shifting a comma or a complete prevent and he quoted the Union Residence Minister in this regard. The identical minister right after submission of the report mentioned that folks Committee users are unable to determine the destiny of the men and women of Assam above the mandate supplied by the individuals to the Assam Assembly.”

On August 11, AASU produced community tips of the panel in a media meeting. The 14 member panel is headed by Justice (retd) Biplab Kumar Sarma, AASU has a few customers in the committee.

Aasu said that it created community advice for it felt that men and women of the condition have every single correct to know what is there in the report.

The clause 6 panel submitted its suggestion to the chief minister, Sarbananda Sonowal who acknowledged the identical on behalf of the Union Dwelling minister Amit Shah in February this calendar year.

Clause 6 presents for constitutional, legislative and administrative safeguards to shield the cultural, social, linguistic id and heritage of the Assamese people today.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Shudder Announces Return of Eli Roth’s History of Horror: Uncut

Published

on

By

Shudder announces return of Eli Roth’s History of Horror: Uncut

With a second season of the TV series on the way, Shudder has announced the return date for the second season of its companion podcast Eli Roth’s History of Horror: Uncut, whose first two episodes are available on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and other podcast platforms now!

RELATED: Eli Roth’s History of Horror Season 2 Teaser Previews October Return

An extended audio companion to the television series AMC Visionaries: Eli Roth’s History of Horror, whose new season premieres on AMC on October 10, the Uncut podcast offers listeners hours of never-before-heard, candid conversations with horror luminaries featured in the show.  The first two episodes showcase in-depth discussions with Megan Fox, whose 2009 film Jennifer’s Body was met with hostility upon release but has since been lauded as modern classic, and Bill Hader, who offers new perspective on his role as the adult Richie Tozier in It Chapter Two.

“The reaction to season one was beyond my wildest expectations,” Roth said in a statement. “We became a top five podcast as soon as we debuted, and it shows the overwhelming excitement from the fans to hear these incredible stories directly from the artists. On the TV show, we have to condense everyone into one hour but on the podcast, we can really take our time, hear the full conversation and learn so much more. The stories they tell are fascinating and insightful and really make you see their work through a different lens. I’m so thankful to AMC and Shudder for letting us go much bigger with Season 2. These stories are for all time, and will be enjoyed by generations of fans for years to come.”

Future episodes will feature actors Nancy Allen (Dressed to Kill) and Ken Foree (Dawn of the Dead), filmmakers Ari Aster (Hereditary), Roger Corman (The Masque of the Red Death), Mary Harron (American Psycho), Don Mancini (creator of the Child’s Play franchise), Barbara Muschietti (producer of the It films), Greg Nicotero (showrunner of Creepshow), André Øvredal (Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark), Eli Roth (Hostel), actor/director/FX master Tom Savini (Friday the 13th), Joel Schumacher (The Lost Boys) and Rob Zombie (3 from Hell).

RELATED: Quibi Unveils Trailer for New Episodes of 50 States of Fright

Eli Roth’s History of Horror Uncut is hosted by Eli Roth featuring interviews conducted by Kurt Sayenga. The podcast is executive produced by Roth, Sayenga, Steven Michaels, Jodi Flynn, Joseph Freed and Allison Berkley. Eli Roth’s History of Horror is produced by The Content Group and Marwar Junction Productions. The first two episodes are available now on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and other platforms, with new episodes set to be released every Monday, and the full Uncut season will be available on Shudder later this year.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Theme Park Bits: When Will Disneyland Reopen, Resort Hotel Layoffs, and More

Published

on

By

In this edition of Theme Park Bits:

  • Is a Disneyland reopening ever on the horizon?
  • Take a look at the new Polynesian.
  • Layoffs have plagued Disney World-area hotels.
  • And more!

Despite being roughly 200 days into a pandemic – yes, really, we’re at, if not past, the 200-day milestone – theme park news continues unabated. In Anaheim, the question persists: when exactly is Disneyland opening? Last week, Disney Parks held a conference at which Disneyland honcho and fellow Josh, Josh D’Amaro, all but goaded California Governor Gavin Newsom into revealing when parks like Disneyland could reopen. Never mind that details on why exactly Disneyland should be reopened were sparse, outside of just…y’know, everyone else is trying, without good reason, to act like things are normal again. So why not Disney?

disneyland photo taken by Peter

Glibness aside, with no new date officially announced, Disney has been sending out cancellation emails to prospective Disneyland guests through October 10. Even that seems like a very aspirational date – things aren’t going to be radically different in two weeks’ time, no matter how much we may want to think otherwise, and no matter how much we have wanted to think otherwise in the last six-plus months. But for now, at least, if you’ve got holiday reservation dates locked in, feel good! You…might just have a chance of going to Disneyland this year!

Whenever Disneyland does reopen, there will obviously be big operational changes. One of the impacts that will be seen by guests is a further shift into mobile ordering for food. If you’ve used the Disneyland app in the past to order your food, then you’ll be right at home with this understandable change. Though there are still a handful of quick-service restaurants in the Anaheim resort that don’t currently offer mobile ordering, it’s easy to imagine that changing once the parks reopen their gates. At the very least, it would be ideal if Market House in Disneyland and Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Cafe in Disney California Adventure adopt mobile ordering – seeing as they’re literal Starbucks locations with a Disney sheen, it’s high time they allow you to order by phone, like at actual Starbucks locations.

polynesian village resort

In Orlando, of course, Walt Disney World is open for business on the whole. There are some parts of the resort that are under refurbishment, including the Polynesian Village Resort. The Deluxe resort won’t reopen to guests until next summer, and when it does, it’s going to look just a wee bit different. The picture above is the concept art of what the new entrance to the resort will look like to guests starting next year. The Polynesian Village Resort remains a fan favorite, and anyone who enjoys its exotic theming (including yours truly) is likely to be very pleased by the extensive redesign going on now. The artwork, at least, is encouraging enough that it’s kind of a shame to wait so long for the new and improved design.

There is, of course, much less pleasant news to discuss in Orlando and theme-park news. While, yes, places like Walt Disney World have opened again for business, it’s not actually inspiring lots and lots of guests to show up. So that’s led to shortened operating hours for everything from parks to things like the Disney Skyliner (though shortened operating hours are even impacting Disney’s overseas parks like Disneyland Paris). But it’s impacting hotels as well, such as the Swan and Dolphin, which is laying off more than 1,100 employees. These layoffs are apparently set to go into effect in mid-November, so….y’know, right around the holiday season. Great time of year for layoffs. There’s no easy way to spin this: it’s grim news inspired by the grim situation in which we all find ourselves. I’d love to leave you with a happier note in today’s column, but that seems a mite unfair.

Cool Posts From Around the Web:

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Tucker Carlson Says Liberals Hate Amy Coney Barrett Because She’s ‘Normal’ (Video)

Published

on

By

Tucker Carlson was back doing what he does on Monday night, defending Trump’s far right Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett from criticism. This time, Tucker claimed that liberals really just don’t like Barrett because she “looks like a happy person” and is “normal.”

So Tucker began his Fox News Show on Monday with an extremely barebones biography of Barrett, which he then used to draw conclusions about those who oppose her nomination.

“Over the weekend on Saturday the president formerly announced the impending nomination of Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court. Her confirmation hearings are expected to begin just a couple of weeks from now on October 12,” Tucker said. “There’s no question that Barrett is qualified for the job. She graduated first in her class from Notre Dame Law School on a full ride scholarship.

“She clerked for Antonin Scalia on the Supreme Court and she left to go into a top law firm practice there and then rejoined her alma mater as a law professor. Three years ago Barrett was confirmed by the United States Senate and became an appellate court judge, which she still is.”

Aside from her professional history, Tucker said, her family apparently makes her “remarkable” for a Supreme Court justice.

“While doing all of this, Barrett had five children with her husband Jesse, and then adopted two more from Haiti, one of whom has special needs. The Barrett’s youngest child, meanwhile, has Down Syndrome,” Carlson recapped. “So on any level Amy Coney Barrett is a remarkable person, an unusual person, maybe the most impressive person to receive a Supreme Court nomination in memory.”

“Tucker Carlson Tonight” then pulled up a clip of Barrett at the nomination announcement.

“If confirmed I would not assume that role for the sake of those in my own circle, and certainly not for my own sake,” Barrett said in the clip. “I would assume this role to serve you. I would discharge the judicial oath which requires me to administer justice without respect to persons, do equal right to the poor and rich, and faithfully and impartially discharge my duties under the United States Constitution.”

Tucker then drew some conclusions based on that statement.

“Okay, so you can kind of see the problem for Democrats. How would you derail the nomination of someone like that? A legal scholar who just went through Senate confirmation, who’s now a sitting federal judge. And on top of it all has seven kids and seems well-adjusted and normal,” Tucker said. Though it’s certainly abnormal for a family to have seven children — American households with children average just under two kids each.

“It’s the last point that drives the left completely insane,” Tucker went on. “Amy Coney Barrett looks like a happy person. Her opponents clearly are not happy people. They’re miserable — that’s where their politics come from.

“So even though on some level Democrats understand rationally that it’s a very bad idea to attack a woman for her family and for her religious faith, they can’t help themselves. So they’re doing it. Amy Coney Barrett represents everything that made this a great country. Therefore, they despise her.”

The “attack” on her family that Tucker is referring to there is likely the idle speculation by two low-level Democrats that Barrett’s adoption of her two Haitian children may not have been legitimate. It’s a known concern that some Christian adoption services, including one linked to Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, have placed children who were taken from their immigrant parents by the U.S. government.

You can watch the quoted portion of Monday’s episode of “Tucker Carlson Tonight” in the video embedded in this article.

Continue Reading

Hot Stories