Connect with us

Entertainment

Jo Malone criticises perfume brand named after her after John Boyega controversy

Published

on

Jo Malone has criticised the perfume brand carrying her name following the John Boyega controversy.

Boyega, 28, stepped down from his role as a global ambassador for the brand after the company cut him from the Chinese version of an aftershave advert he directed, wrote and starred in.

He was replaced with a Chinese actor, Liu Haoran, and numerous shots – which Boyega had previously directed – were recreated.

The perfume company was created by designer Malone, who then sold it to Estee Lauder Companies in 1999.

After receiving criticism online, the brand apologised for the “misstep” and Malone herself has now spoken out.

Speaking on ITV’s daytime show Lorraine, she said: “I am so horrified and disgusted about what has been done to John… This has gone global and my name has been associated [with it].

“It’s been done in my name but also people think it’s me.”

“How dare somebody treat him [like that] and he finds out he is replaced on social media?” she continued. “They never spoke to him… That for me is utterly despicable and is disgusting.”

John Boyega’s Jo Malone advert replaced with Chinese version

The brand’s full apology read: “We deeply apologise for what, on our end, was a mistake in the local execution of the John Boyega campaign. John is a tremendous artist with great personal vision and direction. The concept for the film was based on John’s personal experiences and should not have been replicated.

Announcing his decision to stand down as ambassador, Boyega said: “While many brands understandably use a variety of global and local ambassadors, dismissively trading out one’s culture this way is not something I can condone.

“It’s back to back but I assure you this will be dealt with swiftly. I don’t have time for nonsense. We press on and strong. Stay blessed people.”

“While we immediately took action and removed the local version of the campaign, we recognize that this was painful and that offense was caused. We respect John, and support our partners and fans globally,” it continued. “We are taking this misstep very seriously and we are working together as a brand to do better moving forward.”

Additional reporting by Press Association

Entertainment

Radhika Apte reveals real reason why she got married

Published

on

By

Radhika Apte needs no introduction to Kollywood fans after her appearance as Superstar Rajinikanth’s wife in ‘Kabali’ directed by Pa Ranjith.  The intense actress impressed with her performance of a meek girl to a mother of a grown-up and especially her reunion scene with Rajini took the audience on an emotional ride.

Radhika is happily married to her British boyfriend Benedict Taylor who is a singer and she shuttles between Mumbai and London to balance her personal and professional life.

Radhika Apte in her most recent interaction with Vikranth Massey on social media from London has admitted that she does not believe in the institution of marriage.  When asked why she got married the talented performer replied that it is easier for married people to get a British visa and that’s why she and her man opted for it in 2012.

Radhika is currently chilling with Taylor in their London home during the lockdown and will soon start filming her next English film ‘Noor Inayat Khan’ in which she plays a spy based on a true story.

Read More

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Jacqueline Fernandez shares picture of her being in ‘happy place’

Published

on

By

Actor Jacqueline Fernandez is working on a secret project where she found herself in a ‘happy place’. Taking it to Instagram on Sunday, the 35-year-old actor shared a picture dressed up like a traffic police officer as she is seen laughing her heart out.

“How was everyone’s Sunday?? Fun project coming up soon! #myhappyplace,” wrote Fernandez along with a picture where she is also seen holding a coffee mug. The ‘Kick’ actor also shared a few Instagram stories of her getting ready for the upcoming project.

Recently, the actor extended gratitude to her fans after the number of Instagram followers hit the 46 million mark.

Keep scrolling to read more news

Read More

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Why an ‘active’ approach to risk modelling is key to navigating markets today

Published

on

By

Whether investors are aiming for a cautious approach or a riskier investment profile with the potential for higher returns, Architas’ Blended Fund range is designed to match a range of investor risk appetites. And like many asset managers, Architas predominantly uses two approaches to define asset allocation within the five risk bands used in the Blended Range – strategic and tactical.

Whilst risk model provider EValue’s quantitative approach to asset allocation takes into account the long-term performance of different asset classes and the likely future performance given current valuations, along with long-term measures of volatility and correlations with other asset classes. Yet as with most systems of its kinds, EValue focuses on the long term; it is unable to analyse short-term market movements and fluctuations. So whilst it would have seen that in Q1 2020 markets fell by a record percentage before rebounding, it will not be able to factor in the cost of the coronavirus and lockdown and its impact on markets. Similarly, it is not able to consider ongoing Brexit woes, geo-political trade wars or the outcome of the US election in 2020.

Click here for the full article and to access more about the flexibility of the Architas Blended Range by clicking on the box below.

Read Guide Here

Read More

Continue Reading

Hot Stories